The Business Analyst is responsible for activities that ensure the operational effectiveness and excellence of the business unit. The Business Analyst will track and analyze business unit trends and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the unit. The Business Analyst will be the functional expert on the specified application(s) and will be the sole point of contact between the business unit and Information Technology’s Application Development Specialist.
- Assist Business Unit Leader in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support the business unit’s goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.)
- Work closely with ICAT personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs
- Consult with client personnel to determine business, functional and technical requirements for specified applications
- Develop effective reporting tools for the business unit
- Analyze the business unit’s activities and trends and compare analyses against the service standards and best practices; present findings and work with the Business Unit Leader and other personnel to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals
- Analyze trends and recommends adjustments address and/or capitalize on trends
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in business administration and relevant work experience.